As I have grown up, Thanksgiving has become one of my favorite holidays. It fills me with a gentle, fluffy comfort that I can't seem find anywhere else. I do wish I could be in Michigan with my parents today, chilling in front of the fireplace, but I am also thrilled that I get to spend it with some of the wonderful friends I have made in the last year.
2012 has been a very fruitful year for me (in every sense of the word), and I have a lot to be thankful for.
- As always, I am thankful for the never-ending support I get from my family, despite all of my filthy, gay artistic endeavors.
- I am thankful for the leaps and bounds my solo performance career has taken over the last year, between HOT Fest, the San Francisco Fringe, and the upcoming Frigid Festival. I am grateful that I have finally worked up the courage to pursue these opportunities. I'm finally starting to feel like a true artist.
- I am thankful that I finally got to visit and fall in love with San Francisco. I've spent many years wanting to travel more, but lacking either the funds, the courage, or the organization to do so. For this, I owe a great deal to those who helped me fund this trip through my Kickstarter campaign. Thank you so much.
- I am thankful that I am able to work in an environment where I don't have to hide who I am or what I do. It isn't easy to find a job where your colleagues are so supportive of your outside projects.
- I am thankful for my blog readers! Sometimes I get disheartened that my following isn't as ridiculously huge as some other gay bloggers, but at the end of the day I know that while you may not be as plentiful, you are fiercely loyal and sincere that's what matters the most.
- I'm just gonna say it...I'm thankful for the awesome sex I've had this year, especially in the last few months. I've met some great playmates in 2012, and an honest-to-god great fuck buddy is so hard to come by.
- And finally, I am eternally thankful for New York City's burlesque community. After years of searching, I have found a community of artists who respects me and appreciates me and offers me the strength and confidence to keep going when I start to lose hope. I am especially grateful to my little band of boylesque brothers, Teddy Turnaround, Matt Knife, and Rique Shaw, and our beloved "Daddy Harder" for helping Lucky Charming to blossom so fully in such a short period of time.
I hope you've all got just as much to be thankful for this year, and that you are sharing this day with as wonderful company as I am. Much love to you all, and have a great thanksgiving!