I spent the day traipsing around the village with an old buddy of mine (you may remember The Captain from a couple years back?) Normally, I prefer to stay in one place because for some reason bar-hopping makes my anxious, but that day Captain and I managed to squeeze into seven different bars throughout the course of the day. That is most certainly a record for me.
We were met by an incredibly interesting cast of characters along our journey, including:
- A remarkably cute boy who apparently used to date one of my residents when I was an RA. (Are you reading this? Hit me up, yo.)
- An old teacher of mine whom I see every year in the parade frolicking in his undies. And it is beautiful.
- This guy.
- A guy I did dance with back home in Michigan who is now in "Evita" with Ricky Martin. Lucky fucker.
- My boylesque brother, Mister Rique Shaw.
- Our mighty mentor, Go-Go Harder.
There was also an unfortunate interaction with an ex of mine that temporarily threw off my swag, which is funny, because just a few days ago I was thinking to myself how nice it is that none of my ex-boyfriends are dramatic. Whoops.
So yes, there were a few mood-killers in the mix, but nonetheless, The Captain and I had a terrific Pride that ended with both of us at the Stonewall Inn perfectly plastered (Well, not perfectly. I definitely overstepped my limits and don't want to see another drink again until it's absolutely necessary). And I may gone home alone, but I also went home less broke than I had anticipated. That's definitely a win.